Thursday, February 25, 2016

Who is the Slacker?

John 14:21Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself to him.”

If God describes those who possess His commands and keeps (observes and guards) them as those who love Him, how do you think He would describe those who posses His commands and disregards them? _____________  You can be disobedient and still be saved.  You will not, however, be living in God’s pleasure and experiencing the Lord in you (Life to the full, John 10:10).

Isn’t this what causes us to question our salvation?  We do not sense God at work in our lives or we do not see Jesus manifest Himself to us (as far as we can tell). Rather than asking “Where is God?”, we should be asking “Why is God not manifesting Himself in me?”  The first assumes God is NOT doing His part.  The second goes to the root of the problem. Am I doing my part to live in God’s pleasure? 

Am I keeping what He is teaching?

Those who actively show love to the Father (in the way He prescribes) will receive love from the Father, love from the Son and He will manifest (make visible) Himself to them by the Holy Spirit.

Are you "keeping", or ignoring, the Lord's commands? To answer appropriately, you must avoid your personal evaluation (do not think more highly than you ought - Romans 12:3). Instead, ask yourself this question, "Is the Lord making Himself visible through me?" If He is not, you are not

By His grace that can change right now. Set your heart toward Jesus, listen to Him, then do what He says. Rest assured, since He told you, it is part of His plan and He has given you "another Helper" to accomplish that which He commands.

No comments:

Post a Comment